Friday, August 5, 2011

How to cook carbonara

One of my favorite things to do to kill time is by cooking. I am a good cook. It is true, you can ask my wife. She loves to eat anything I cooked. I hope she won't read this. :D

Today I will share to you how to cook Carbonara. There are a lot of ways to cook carbonara. This one I am making is a simple and easy way to cook a carbona spaghetti. Here it is:

Ingredients:
400 grams fettucini (for this one I only use Del Monte Spaghetti Pasta Italiana)
Cooking oil
Butter
1 cup minced onions
1 cloves minced garlic
100 grams bacon (chopped finely for toppings)
1 cup chopped Maling (you can also use sweet ham for different taste)
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom (preferably Campbell’s)
½ cup Sliced Mushroom (I forgot to buy this one.  :D The taste of cream of mushroom itself is okay so there is no problem with it.)
1 tetra pack nestle all purpose cream
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
Cheese (Optional)
Parsley

Procedures:
For pasta:
Cook as instructed on the pack.

For sauce:
Heat cooking oil on a pan
Fry bacon until crispy, chopped finely then set aside.
On the same pan, place little amount of cooking oil and melt butter on medium heat. (Make sure to use cooking oil to melt butter so that the butter will not toast/burn easily).
Saute garlic and onions then put Maling. Mix well until cooked.
Add sliced mushroom. Cook for two minutes.
Add cream of mushroom and all purpose cream. Mix well.
Add water. Continue mixing until boil.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
For finishing touches : Place noodles on a bowl then put the sauce. Add bacon toppings, cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment